Take Magazine works with talented contributing writers, editors, photographers, illustrators, videographers, and podcasters. If you think you have a story idea (in words, images, video, or sound) that our audience would like, let us know. But first…
We’ll consider almost any story, but generally, our editorial follows the style and format guidelines below.
– Take covers arts and culture that look to New England’s present and future, rather than its past. We seek to capture the character of New England contemporary arts and culture, and the people who are creating it.
– Our areas of interest include fine art, music, theater, performance, dance/movement, food/drink, design, fashion/style, film, architecture and literature. Street art, the intersection of sci/tech & culture, and thought leaders (scholars, innovators, etc) who are influencing today’s culture are also subjects for consideration.
– For the most part, we profile the New Englanders who make the arts and culture. We especially seek the up-and-coming or undiscovered individuals who are doing truly remarkable stuff. Sometimes we profile things: an object, a street, a building. Sometimes our subjects profile themselves, e.g. in a personal essay, or a Q&A between two culture makers.
– We are happy to consider reviews of performances, exhibitions, etc..
– We strive to present consistent coverage from all six New England states.
Please send a concise, single paragraph pitching your story idea, along with 2 or 3 samples of your work or a link to your web portfolio. If a summary of your professional experience doesn’t exist online, please include one in your pitch.
Due to the influx of submissions (and that we are a tiny staff), we cannot guarantee acceptance and/or a response. If we respond, it’s because there was something in your submission our team found interesting. If your submission is compelling and/or timely, we’ll be in touch. Please send us your story. Thank you!! firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a story you’d like to pitch to Take Magazine, please send a brief pitch. If we like what we’re reading, we’ll follow up with you for additional media materials. Make sure to read the full Contribute section to see the kinds of stories we’re looking for. Our lead time is two months for online, four for print. Media kits can be mailed to: Take Industries, 208 Race Street, #303, Holyoke, Massachusetts 01040 or emailed to email@example.com
Take Magazine wants to know about your supercool event. Events that really catch our eye will most likely end up published in our online edition and in our social media stream. Depending on the event, we might even want to send a Take photographer over to catch your guests in action. If you have an event you’d like us to consider, please send the basic information at least two months in advance. firstname.lastname@example.orgPitch A Story